What is Value Stream Analysis?
Value Stream Analysis analyzes all the specific actions required to bring a specific product through the three critical management tasks.
- Problem Solving: Running from concept through detailed design and engineering to production.
- Information Management: Running from order taking through detailed scheduling to delivery.
- Physical Transformation: Proceeding form raw materials to a finished product in the hands of the customer.
Value stream analysis will help to identify:
- Unambiguous value-adding steps.
- Steps that do not add value but are unavoidable.
- Steps that create no value and are immediately avoidable.